Friday, January 6, 2012

LGBT and some other letters.

     Homosexuals getting married seems to be the new 'it' topic. I just don't get why this is a problem. It is silly to be against religious law systems like Shariah Law, or Cannon Law, and then try to legislate your Christian morals. Let's face it folks, not everyone is Christian, nor would that make things any better, judging from the way some Christians act. It hurts me to think that this kind of ridiculous bigotry is still going on. I don't know, couldn't we try just not having a whipping boy for a little while, maybe take responsibility for your own faults. What I mean by that is that people like Glen Beck, Rick Santorum, and other public fixtures blame same-sex marriage for destroying hetero marriages. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE???
     I don't think you should EVER use your religion as a stepping stone to attain moral high ground (that you probably don't deserve anyway). This should certainly be the case if you are running for president. If your marriage is failing lets go blame a gay person, that will help. It seems like the Republicans this year are debating over who can be the biggest bigot. It's sad to me, I'm a Republican, I want to have respect for the nominees, but I just can't muster any this go round.
     This issue is bordering on a national obsession, are peoples lives so boring that they have resorted to hate as entertainment. If it disgusts you to think about 2 men having sex, then don't think about it. It hurts me to think about the pain it must cause when people say it's wrong for you to be with the one you love. It bothers me to think about some of my gay friends, who would be great parents, not being allowed to adopt.
            Here is a great website from the LGBT community   http://www.goodasgay.com  
     and then there is insanity like this   http://christiansforamoralamerica.blogspot.com/2012/01/gaystapo-is-coming-for-our-churches.html   What the heck dude, and who coined the phrase gaystapo... stupid, just stupid.
     It surprises me that some Atheists are even on this bandwagon. I certainly don't get that, but here you go... http://news.change.org/stories/atheists-against-gay-marriage

     For the Christians among us, and everyone else, here are some Bible verses about love... Note that none of them say except gay people, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, women who have abortions, or Liberals.

Matthew 5:43-44
43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 


     Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

I'm not saying I agree with everything in this article, but I liked it http://www.believeoutloud.com/boltoday/20110928/top-5-questions-with-answers-lgbt-acceptance

This one is long (same as above, I'm not saying I'm in full agreement, but it adds some perspective   http://www.believeoutloud.com/boltoday/20111230/clobbering-biblical-gay-bashing

I guess what I am trying to say is that above all show love. No matter who or what you are, it's your best bet. If you can't muster up love, do what grandma said. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

 A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
Mohandas Gandhi

It is easy enough to be friendly to one’s friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.
Mohandas Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment