Saturday, December 24, 2011

An all inclusive Merry Christmas

     I wanted to say Merry Christmas. I include everyone in this, Muslim, Jew, Atheist, Pagan, Agnostic, Atheist. I hope everyone has an excellent day tomorrow. I know it will be hard, it's a pretty stressful day for those of us who celebrate, and for those who don't, you are probably pretty tired of hearing about it.
     For my fellow Christians I hope and pray that you will find yourself renewed after this holiday, it doesn't have to be a new year to start something new. I pray that everyone who believes how I do will proclaim that Jesus meant for us to love everyone, he excluded no one. If we all start acting in love, imagine the revival that could happen. If anything this holiday should remind us that gifts come in all sorts of ways. I have nothing to give others, monetarily, but I try and give my time and support. I hope that we can all give some sort of gift this year, something not in a wrapping. It sounds silly, but the most important gift we can give is to those who don't believe as us. We can give love and acceptance. We can practice what we preach. We can also show that our lives can be joyous through Jesus. We can accept the Atheist who lives next to us, or the Muslim who assures us that they want nothing but peace. I hope we can all change our ways.
     To those who don't celebrate. I know some Pagan's do, but I include you in this. I am sorry for every Christian who has ever been rude, hurtful, forceful, or just mean. I pray that everyone around you accepts you for who you are. I pray that people learn all about you before they say anything negative. I pray that people can find peace with themselves so they can stop hating people because they are different. I hope that those around you can see that they can think you are wrong, while still showing the respect that all people deserve.
      I pray for my best friend who is now Muslim, that everyone accepts you, and that I continue to see that new light you have. I know we don't believe the same, but what you have done is amazing. I pray for other friends of mine who have lost touch with the religion of your childhood. I am so sorry that people made you hate something that is meant to be a beautiful gift. I know in my heart that one day whoever jaded you against Jesus will have to answer for that. I also pray for them, sometimes people think they are doing what is right, even when they are making a tragic mistake.
     I know some people may not like the idea that I am praying for them, but why not, I don't think it can hurt anything. I hope that even if you don't celebrate you get to spend a nice day with your families, or with whoever you choose to celebrate with. I hope that soon people can educate themselves before condemning those who choose to do something different on December 25th. I would also like to apologize to anyone who I have offended, I hope I can fix it.
     Merry Christmas, I hope that doesn't offend you. :)                                            Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment