Monday, December 19, 2011

Intolerant of Intolerance

    Judgement is wrong... no matter who you worship. This is a solid belief I have developed over many years. As humans we judge on face value, it is pretty natural, although some people have disciplined themselves through the years to see past this. I have been in many conversations lately where the subject of ALL Muslims being one way, or ALL Christians being one way, has been brought up. The fact is that people who are religious are just as diverse as those who aren't. There are Christians who are militant loonies that hate everyone who doesn't believe in Jesus, there are Christians who don't really give a crap what you believe, and their are Christians who will fight for the respect of everyone, no matter the affiliation. The same can be said for people of any faith, or lack of.
    I have in fact been judged on some of my Facebook posts, and this blog. People of my own faith say that I may be leading people astray. I didn't want to have to put at the end of every post a disclaimer that says *Hey, still believe in Jesus*. I didn't know my faith was in question. The point of this whole thing was to talk about me and my friends mutual dislike of religious intolerance. That said we dislike all intolerance, gay, black, Muslim... who cares. Why must people fight the same battle for equal rights over and over.
    I am honestly interested in the points of view of most people. I enjoy stories about why people became Atheist, Jewish, and on and on. I like to learn about other peoples perspectives and ways of life. I however do not like people mocking me for mine. It is better to be respectful, offering comfort and support will win over more friendships than anything else. I once again bring up the Muslim community. It is wrong to assume that all Muslims hate everyone but people of their own religion. It's not fair to assume that when they say they are moderate they are always lying. Did you read the Quran, cause I did, I saw little hate, even towards the end. People assured me it was there, I must of missed it. How many Muslims do you personally know? Where they grinning gleefully on September 12th, 2001? Does Fox news tell us what to think now, do the members of the GOP. I think not, I have the ability to draw my own conclusions, and I conclude that most people treat others as they want to be treated. If I show enough respect, people will eventually begin to respect me. If people see a change in me because of my faith, they will eventually ask why if they care to know. I don't have to pop em in the head with the Bible every morning. It is hard to not show biased towards Christianity, it's part of who I am, but I want to show that some Christians can be moderate. For anyone from my family or church who reads this blog... *Hey I still believe in Jesus*. I won't condemn others though. I have never said that I believe other religions or correct, I just believe that they deserve respect and consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment